- May 17th 7pm Lithuanian Russian Drama Theatre, Vilnius
- May 18th 7pm „Combo“ terrace , Kaunas
- May 20th 7pm club „Ramybe“, Palanga
Let me tell you a story of two wonderful musicians who met in the remote land of Lithuania. A small country with a big musical heart. Blues musician Mighty Mo Rodgers (USA) and the keeper of ancient African Griot traditions, Baba Sissoko (Mali)...found common ground in (this) their Griot Blues sound.
Encouraged by a local entrepreneur, Jay Svarplys, they recorded an album. Magic happened. Baba Sissoko doesn't speak English and Mighty Mo Rodgers speaks neither French or Italian. But who cares about language when the connection is the universal language of...music!
Improvisation, inspiration and determination were the keys. The result is remarkable. Three amazing musicians: Luca Giordano, Walter Monini, and Pablo Leoni rounded out the ensemble of musicians.
From the ancient ritual of the African storyteller, embodied in Baba Sissoko, and the Blues mojo of Mighty Mo Rodgers, we bring you Griot Blues.
After recording the album we translated the lyrics, putting them to paper. Surprisingly, Baba and Mo were singing about the same thing. So this album was born from the depths of the human soul, where limits disappear. And where the American Blues musician felt his African roots and the African Griot storyteller welcomed the Blues...back home.
The World Premiere of they first album that was recorded and created in Lithuania. So this album was born from the depths of the human soul, where limits disappear. And where the American Blues musician felt his African roots and the African Griot storyteller welcomed the Blues...back home.
MIGHTY MO RODGERS
- American blue‘s legend
- „The Handy Awards“ for album „Blues Is My Wailin‘ Wall“,
- „CHOC De L‘Annee“ award
- „Living Blues“ award for album „Red White and Blues“, 2001 and 2002 „Trophees France Blues“ as the best artisto f the year.
- 2007 „CHIC De L‘Annee“ the best album.
- 2002 m. „The Charles Cros“ grand prize for „Red, White and Blues“.
- Multi-istrumentalist, griot and Malian music legend
- Has been playeing with Sting, Habib Koite, Youssou N‘Dour, Buena Vista Social Club, Dee Dee Bridgewater
- He plays 7 different instruments.